Friday, November 12, 2004

Thank You

I would like to thank everyone who helped in the Keep the Promise to the Coal Miners campaign.

Without the help of those who signed the petition, members of the Keep the Promise to the Coal Miners group, the United Mine Workers of America and various other labor unions locals like the United Autoworkers in Winchester, Kentucky this campaign would not garnered as much attention as it did.

Over 1,000 signatures were sent to Congress urging the passage of HR 3796, which would continue funding to the United Mine Workers of America Combined Benefits Funds and Orphan Funds.

Now we can only wait and see if during this "Lame Duck" Session of Congress we can get this very important measure passed.

I can assure everyone that Rep. Nick Rahall (D-WV) and Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-WV) are working hard to make sure the Promise is Kept to the Coal Miners and understand fully that thousands of retired coal miners are depending on this legislation to be passed.

Grassroots activism works...don't ever forget that.

1 Comments:

At May 30, 2005 at 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am proud of you. I guess that's all I really need to say. Me being the coal miner's daughter that I am, was looking around at the UMWA site and other sorts of things and somehow found my way to this. I haven't been as involved as I'd like to be.. as I used to be. It's great to know that you and so many others are making a difference of some sort.

Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home